iOS 10 Notifications Not Clearing

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad 4 since upgrading to iOS 10 in that some notifications won't go away. For mail, if I read the message via the notification, it's fine and clears normally. If I happen to read the email in the app directly (not through the notification) or on my PC, sometimes the notification clears as it always has. Other times, I may have read or even deleted the message, but the notification won't disappear on its own and won't clear when I hit clear. Likewise, other notifications like Starbucks or news will sometimes clear fine when I hit clear and other times hitting clear does nothing. In either case, I can get rid of them by either clearing the entire day or by rebooting. Anyone else hitting this? I couldn't find it in the forums doing a search, but it's certainly possible I missed it as there are a lot of topics on notifications. I've done a hard reset and, while that does clear the problem just like a regular reboot, it doesn't fix anything permanently. These are GMail accounts if that is significant.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Stooovie and Zulu1128. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing that. Are you on similar hardware?

Rgds/Mark M.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with email! I read the emails from within the mail app and when I close out it still shows the red number of emails. I have a 6s on the latest ios10.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem. Good to know now it wasn't only me. I even started a thread here on this same issue. It happens both on my 6P and 6S

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I have this issue which is solved by hitting the home button. It is a tad bit irritating though. Also, I can no longer swipe away notifications like I could in iOS 9. Is anyone else experiencing this?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I have this issue which is solved by hitting the home button. It is a tad bit irritating though. Also, I can no longer swipe away notifications like I could in iOS 9. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Try a short swipe from right to left, which should expose a "clear" control. I believe that this is by design.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I think there's two similar but different issues on notifications. The one I'm referencing is notifications in the notification center not being able to be cleared. There are other threads on the issue I think you describing where the pop up notifications at the top of the screen don't go away.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Try a short swipe from right to left, which should expose a "clear" control. I believe that this is by design.

For the issue I'm describing, on the iPhone, I can tap the clear button, it just doesn't do anything. Interestingly, on the iPad, I sometime get in the situation where I can't get the clear button to appear (swiping doesn't work). In those cases, rebooting both clears the old notifications and re-enables the normal functionality such as swiping to see the clear button.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue w mail only though. I kinda just ignore it until a fix is available

I agree, but wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one experiencing it especially when I couldn't find anything on iMore. It's annoying, but easily ignored or remedied by rebooting. Kind of makes me think back to Android days when I had to reboot semi-regularly to keep the phone behaving. ;-)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad to say I've not experienced this issue. Have any of you reported this to Apple? Here's a link: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]Apple Feedback[/URL]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2