Greetings from Lithuania! Fresh game developer here!

SnoutUp

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Good day,

I'm Aurimas, a hobbyist/indie game developer working under the name of SnoutUp (find me on Twitter!). This week I got my first iOS release approved and I'm very excited about it. Sadly, my post count doesn't allow me to post about it yet, but I'm working on it.

I work and do all programming and visual art alone. Except music & SFX, those are tough cookie to bite. My passion, as I like to think, is to create little, but action-packed 2D games, which plays and feels as nice as possible. Game flow is very important for me and I'm learning to make gameplay as fluid as possible via game arcade-y mechanics and very responsive controls. I really love when I manage to add something in the game, which can be achieved with a decent amount of skill and makes a player go "Damn, nice!" (a double kill, trick jump, close calls).

This is my first year, when I started doing more serious game development and so far I made 3 little games for various gamejam events. One of them got Android & iOS release, others are still waiting to be finished and turned in to something more playable on mobile. I'd link to the browser versions of them, but I still can't do links in my posts. Maybe I'll edit them in later.

Hopefully, we can be friends! For a solo developer without marketing budget, community support is extremely important!

Good luck!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! People seem to be very friendly here and that's great... Tho, I already got my first penalty for mentioning that I made a game in another post! Interesting start :)

It is a very friendly forum. I suggest you take a few minutes to read the iMore Community Rules & Guidelines and the App and Developer Rules & Guidelines. Both are in my signature underneath this post. Enjoy your stay here.

SnoutUp

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
It is a very friendly forum. I suggest you take a few minutes to read the iMore Community Rules & Guidelines and the App and Developer Rules & Guidelines. Both are in my signature underneath this post. Enjoy your stay here.

Thanks, I did read the rules and now I did that a couple more times, but I didn't find that I can't mention the title of my game... I posted in "What game you play the most?", wrote about Reaper and then humorously mentioned that I play a lot of my own game. Didn't try to advertise it in any way. Maybe that's the "don't post in multiple forums" rule I broke, but it was thread at the same forum, I did follow the topic and I don't even have a thread about my game yet.

Anyway, that's fine, I'm going to survive, but, while I understand the required strictness, it seemed always weird, that, as a dev, you can post about your game in threads, where people are asking to post games you play, but only if you don't mention that you made it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're new here and possibly unaware of the lengths people will go to circumvent the rules in an attempt to promote their apps. We have Community Rules, Marketplace rules and Developer rules to help this community maintain its core function - to help others -without them being taken advantage of for personal gain. We are very open to the opinions of others, but we will call you out if we feel you are being disrespectful and trollish. With that in mind, welcome to iMore and feel free to participate in any thread you find interesting, and good luck with the success of your app. Take care.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You'll be there in no time. We look forward to seeing your app. And your first to get approved by iTunes! Wow! Good luck!