Possisble credit card scam

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So today I received a post card in the mail saying I have been pre approved for a $500 credit limit card with no credit checks and open to those with bad credit and such. Of course I thought something was fishy so I went on firefox and typed "Net First Credit card" and one of the suggestions was "Net First Credit Card scam" and sure enough my hunch was right. Multiple reports of this being a bad one with many saying Net First wants you to enter a $29 deposit. I then decided to go on and just see what its like. The design of the website looked like a pop up ad, and sure enough it asked for a depost. I exit out the window.

Now of course if and when I ever decide to get a credit card, it would be from my bank (US Bank)

So if you guys ever get anything in the mail saying you been pre approved for a credit card, don't believe it. Same with E-mails and even pop up ads. Its best if you want a credit card, to get one though your bank or one of the trusted banks. (as long as they have been bailed out :rolleyes:)

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
in the U.S. i believe if your under 21 at least in all the states ive lived in its illegal for them to send credit card application (legitimate ones) in the mail or through e-mail.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
in the U.S. i believe if your under 21 at least in all the states ive lived in its illegal for them to send credit card application (legitimate ones) in the mail or through e-mail.

Not sure. I do know here in the states you have to be 18 or older to get a credit card

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

And reading a credit card app that says "No credit check" should have made you laugh as you ripped up the paper. Some of them are legit though, 100+% interest rate, but "legit" (as far as basic understanding of a credit card goes).

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. I do know here in the states you have to be 18 or older to get a credit card

You have to be 18 to get one but if your under 21 the credit card companies can't sell you on one...

The way I understand it its to prevent kids getting out of highschool and ruining their credit right out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2