All photos in iMessage gone

luvtype

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly, today, all the photos I received in iMessage have disappeared. Tons of kid photos ? all gone! This has never happened before. What's going on with iMessage? Is there any way I can retrieve these photos? I've turned iMessage off and back on, a few times, but nothing happened. I also turned my cell off and on, with no results. The vanished photos will not re-appear. If anyone has any insight into this and how to get my photos back, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly, today, all the photos I received in iMessage have disappeared. Tons of kid photos ? all gone! This has never happened before. What's going on with iMessage? Is there any way I can retrieve these photos? I've turned iMessage off and back on, a few times, but nothing happened. I also turned my cell off and on, with no results. The vanished photos will not re-appear. If anyone has any insight into this and how to get my photos back, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

I'm *assuming* that upon receiving the photos via *iMessage*, you didn't tap on the folder and select save to camera roll. Is that correct? If so and if you deleted your iMessages then the photos are also deleted. When was the last time you did a backup of your device? A restore of your last backup, provided that the iMessges were present at the time of the backup, may restore those messages & the photos contained in them.

luvtype

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I never deleted any photos, at least not that I know of. It's not only photos but messages too. It's very strange. Even if I had accidentally deleted all photos from one contact, I certainly wouldn't have done it from another contact. Yet all photos from the past 4 weeks and some (but not all) from even before that have disappeared. And, as I said, some messages as well. So it's clearly not my doing but something on Apple's side. Sadly, I did not have any of this backed up (my free iCloud acct is full). Does this mean they're permanently lost? Or is there a way to pursue this and retrieve my missing photos? Finally, has this ever happened to anyone else? What coud have caused this major loss? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the iMessages were deleted then they are gone! You can, however, try third-party apps that allegedly allows for the recovery of messages, but I can't recommend any because I've never used any of them. You can also try rebooting your iPhone and see if they re-appear. I mean, I don't know what else to tell you, my friend. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2