iMessage Counter?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway of knowing how many iMessages I have seny per month? When sending SMS the carrier keeps a count on their website. Does Apple keep such a count? Is there anyway of knowing?

TIA

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway of knowing how many iMessages I have seny per month? When sending SMS the carrier keeps a count on their website. Does Apple keep such a count? Is there anyway of knowing?

TIA

No there's not sorry

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: nj1266

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No there's not sorry

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Like noaim said, there is no way to check "count". iMessage uses data to send the messages, just like bbm on Blackberry does-if that helps you to understand it more. :)

So when you iMessage, it goes towards your data usage. Now, I know some have the limited data plan, like 2gb, some have larger-one of my daughters is on the 2gig. While at home she's hooked to wifi, but during the day she's at school. I can honestly say as much as she does with fb, online, etc. She's only used just about a 1/4 of a gig only. We have 8 days left till our billing cycle closes, I'd be very surprised if in this 8 days her usage reachs the 1gig point, never mind the 2 she's allowed. Also, after speaking with a VzW rep the beginning of this month, iMessage barely uses any data, and when your on wifi, it doesn't goes towards your monthly data plan at all.

Reactions: nj1266

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. The data used does not matter to me. I am on unlimited data plan with Verizon. I just wanted to get a count for curiosity, nothing more. It would be nice to know how many texts I sent since I am using the iMessage service a lot.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. The data used does not matter to me. I am on unlimited data plan with Verizon. I just wanted to get a count for curiosity, nothing more. It would be nice to know how many texts I sent since I am using the iMessage service a lot.

:)yw, and unlimited is good;) I use the iMessage alot as well along with regular texting. I'd be interested myself just out of curiosity the count of iMessages i put out monthly as well. I know my texting is in the thousands, so i'm sure my iMessage'ing isnt far behind if we were able to count.

i tend to get a little carried away explaining things sometimes:p lol.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Like noaim said, there is no way to check "count". iMessage uses data to send the messages, just like bbm on Blackberry does-if that helps you to understand it more. :)

So when you iMessage, it goes towards your data usage. Now, I know some have the limited data plan, like 2gb, some have larger-one of my daughters is on the 2gig. While at home she's hooked to wifi, but during the day she's at school. I can honestly say as much as she does with fb, online, etc. She's only used just about a 1/4 of a gig only. We have 8 days left till our billing cycle closes, I'd be very surprised if in this 8 days her usage reachs the 1gig point, never mind the 2 she's allowed. Also, after speaking with a VzW rep the beginning of this month, iMessage barely uses any data, and when your on wifi, it doesn't goes towards your monthly data plan at all.

even though the op didnt care about data I wanted to tell you that your correct.. I am not sure how much text takes up in data but I think one letter is 1 byte... or maybe a kilobyte if you typed every second of every day for that entire month you would not cross 2 gb using imessage. I would be surprised if you used 200 mb. (of course if you were only using iMessage)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
even though the op didnt care about data I wanted to tell you that your correct.. I am not sure how much text takes up in data but I think one letter is 1 byte... or maybe a kilobyte if you typed every second of every day for that entire month you would not cross 2 gb using imessage. I would be surprised if you used 200 mb. (of course if you were only using iMessage)

:)thanks, i tend to stray off sometimes when answering a post, lol. Basically my point to the OP was that because the iMessage sends through data that's why it can't be "counted" to know how many were sent.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
:)thanks, i tend to stray off sometimes when answering a post, lol. Basically my point to the OP was that because the iMessage sends through data that's why it can't be "counted" to know how many were sent.

if apple decided to put a counter in there it could but I highly doubt they will because most instant messaging clients don't have the function.. people sometimes think imessage is text messaging when in reality its a instant messaging client built into the sms application. its just like gtalk or aol instant messenger :)

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
nj1266, You are right. What really interests me is how many iMessage I send monthly: no matter of the data usage. My curiosity is only an attempt to compare sms' to iMessages. As a percentage, for example...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77