Problem activating iMessage

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I updated my son's iPod to IOS 5 and all was good. Was trying to set up his iMessage but keep getting an error saying..."Unable to verify email because it is already in use". Not sure what to do...Stuck. Before that message popped up it would tell me that it was unable to verify email and would send me a link to verify the email But nothing was ever sent. I made sure the iMessage is "ON"... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Uuhhhh...what email address are you using for iTunes? I mean you don't have to tell me but maybe that would have something to do with it. I'm a new iOS user so I'm just throwing ideas out there.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Is the app built in to the os or is it an app store DL? If you got it from the app store. Maybe delete and redownload it. Or sign out of your gmail account and sign back in. Remember I may more than likely be wrong. Just tossin you my 2pennies

Dee Shell

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!

I'm experiencing the same issue (!).

Phoon61, I tried to reset my network settings but it didn't work. Can you tell me exactly what you suggest to do?

Or, JJcas15, can you briefly tell me what have you done on your Network settings that solved the problem?

Thanks a lot,

D. S.

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I've had these kind of issues as well (iMessage, etc.). I usually get thigns back to runnig agin by

1. Turn iMessage on and off
2. Reset Network settings
3. Reset all settings

Most recently, resetting all settings fixed things. Kind of a pain because you have to fix your wallpaper and change back a number of settings, but it tends to work pretty well if all else fails. Definitely better than restoring and setting up a as new phone, which is the next stop if resetting all settings doesn't help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2