Home iMore Q&A > iMac

Screen Recording

Asked: Mar 05 2019 | 10:35 am EST 940 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

I am looking for software that I can use on an iMac and Macbook Air to screen record. I would using Sierra or better on these computers.

I would like to record the whole screen including mouse clicks and related stuff. I would like to save it to the computer and upload to Youtube or other sites.

Best Answer

Mar 07 2019 | 4:54 am EST happycool

You can use the inbuild QuickTime player App to access screen recording in your MAC.
Follow the mentioned steps:
1. open the app.
2. select New Screen Recording
3. choose the option pop up menu.
4. Select the microphone option for recording with sound else leave it to record without sound.
5. Choose Show mouse clicks to see the clicks as a circle on the screen.
6. Press the red button, then select the type of the recording.
7. click anywhere on the screen to start the recording.
8. Select the portion of the screen to be recorded by dragging the portion of the screen.
9. After the completion of the recording click the stop button from the menu bar.
10. Go to file> save for saving the file.

More Answers

Mar 05 2019 | 11:19 am EST facecard

This is good for those computers running Mojave but what about computers running Sierra or High Sierra?
Mar 05 2019 | 11:36 am EST facecard

Loom? Never heard of it. Plus it requires to login to Google or Stacks.
Mar 05 2019 | 11:37 am EST metllicamilitia

I won’t be at my MacBook until this evening, however, I’m pretty sure QuickTime also lets you record your screen.
Mar 05 2019 | 12:49 pm EST metllicamilitia

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier, OBS Studio will allow you to record your screen. It’s a program a lot of streamers use to stream their games, but it will also record.