Hi-
    I have a pretty massive itunes library that has effectively eaten my imac storage. As I have it, it is in a shared spot (i have to admit, I am clueless how I did it, Apple helped me configure it couple years ago) from being in one user profile to being in both.

I would like to have same set up where personal profile and work profile share the library, but move the library to my Time Capsule that has way more room. Problem is I dont know how to do it.

When I reference the help docs from Apple, I cant track it because of how the tech people helped me set it up; I am not sure it was standard.

So any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    04-10-2014 03:11 PM
    Can't you simply copy the iTunes folder over to the Time Capsule. Everything in the folder will remain as-is.
    kent1915 likes this.
    04-11-2014 09:33 AM
    I tried it before but the profiles cant find it, even when I "point" to the library. Unless I am missing something. Will try again. Thanks.
    04-11-2014 05:20 PM
    What you probably want to do is move all the media files to the time capsule. Then on your Mac, create a new iTunes library and go to the last tab of preferences and set the library location to the time capsule. So the library files will be on your Mac but the actual music and video won't be. Make sure you check the box in the preferences to copy new files to the library location so that stuff that you add in the future will go on to the time capsule.
    kent1915 likes this.
    04-11-2014 05:24 PM