1. Phoctifino's Avatar
    Hi All

    I've got my 3GS set up to sync with our Exchange Server using Activesync for my work email. I've just started trying MobileMe to get my persoanl email pushed to the iPhone. I'm impressed with how fast the MobileMe emails come through on the iPhone - pretty much instant and like how it was with my old BlackBerry. But it's not the same story for the Exchange emails and there is quite a lag.

    Is this to be expected, or is there something that could be done to sort the Exchange side of things out?

    Many thanks
    12-02-2009 09:00 AM
  2. flyingember's Avatar
    there is no way to answer this.

    the exact network equipment, number of hops, security settings, your internet connection, etc determine this

    basically, you're on the Internet
    12-02-2009 09:12 AM
  3. Phoctifino's Avatar
    Sorry, I probably should have been more specific. I've just sent some emails to the Exchange account, noted when they were received via my desktop, when the iPhone mailbox was last updated and when the emails came through.

    32 minutes later and the Inbox on the iPhone had not refreshed for the emails. It does update either when I tap the refresh icon, or exit the Inbox and go back in whereupon it checks for emails etc. Push is set to 'On' for the Exchange Account on the iPhone.

    This is not Push as I know it and I am wondering if there is a missing setting on our Exchange server.

    Many thanks
    Last edited by Badger; 12-02-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    12-02-2009 10:24 AM
  4. flyingember's Avatar
    check your network and firewall too
    12-02-2009 12:18 PM
  5. Phoctifino's Avatar
    Many thanks. I'll check with our Admin to see if everything is as it should be on the server side.
    12-02-2009 12:22 PM
  6. lukeca's Avatar
    Many thanks. I'll check with our Admin to see if everything is as it should be on the server side.
    I just wanted to confirm that you should expect the same push speeds for both as long as your exchange server is running properly. I have exchange sync configured and e-mails come to my iPhone pretty much instantly.

    We did have one instance where the e-mails were being delayed and it was due to an activesync issue on the server. So have your admin look through the system logs and check for any issues relating to activesync.
    02-19-2010 05:23 PM
  7. Phoctifino's Avatar
    Hi and thanks to all for responses. I got to the bottom of this in the end. Basically the Exchange push was not working. We had had an Exchange Server rebuild and although all the server settings for activesync push etc all looked fine, push would not work for any of our mobile devices. As a last resort our admin deleted a container for mobile device sync (cannot remember which one), set everything up again and everything has worked well since. Happy days!
    02-27-2010 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD