Gmail-Exchange Question

Rjbeck77#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have my Gmail account set up as an exchange account. I have been having an pop up box saying that I have entered the wrong username or password. I have deleted the account and reinstalled several times. It works for 2-3 days without any problems, then it will do it for a few hours and then it will work again.

Has anyone had any problems with this? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was having some minor issues with using Gmail through exchange so I set up my Gmail, calendar and contacts to go through Google Sync. Everything works great. I would try that.

telkins#IM

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Putting in different configurations isn't the problem. Different solutions have been the answer because the problem can be very temporary. The issue is google's anti-bot system. Sometimes when you are in and out of google.com, google will ask you for a "captcha" along with your password. (those annoying skewed word images that you must translate and type in the corresponding box so they know you are human.) If you are getting password errors and you know the pass is correct, go here on your computer or from iphone browser and submit a correct captcha and that should cool the anti-bot jets a bit.

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Reactions: asggold

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This was the fix. My wife has been having this issue on her iPhone and this has solved it...at least for the moment. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77