ActiveSync - Gmail Issues

Crogs

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
For the past week I've been having issues getting new mail pushed to my phone from my gmail account. Sometimes it'll happen immediately, other times delayed by hours. I get a "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to the server failed" when I try to manually get my mail through the mail app. Other times, nothing happens and I get the busy indicator in the top right of the status bar but nothing ever gets updated - and no error message. Earlier today it took me about an hour of trying and waiting to send a piece of mail and then it took even longer for it to even appear in my sent mail box.

Are the GMail servers just getting hammered (after all, this is still in beta according to Google). At this point, fetch every hour would be more reliable.

Is there anything I can do to my phone to ensure some setting didn't get messed up and any issues are server side?

Last edited:

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i gave up on the gmail exchange. i just use fetch and gpush and have been very pleased. so much so that i'm not even really using mobile me as much anymore. the pop up for the emails is a nice added touch.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think it's early days at present. I'm sure in a few weeks it will start to work properly. I'm sure Google/Gmail are working on the issues customers are reporting...

For the past week I've been having issues getting new mail pushed to my phone from my gmail account. Sometimes it'll happen immediately, other times delayed by hours. I get a "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to the server failed" when I try to manually get my mail through the mail app. Other times, nothing happens and I get the busy indicator in the top right of the status bar but nothing ever gets updated - and no error message. Earlier today it took me about an hour of trying and waiting to send a piece of mail and then it took even longer for it to even appear in my sent mail box.

Are the GMail servers just getting hammered (after all, this is still in beta according to Google). At this point, fetch every hour would be more reliable.

Is there anything I can do to my phone to ensure some setting didn't get messed up and any issues are server side?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been having intermittent issues with gmail messages loading, but it's cleared itself up within a few hours. I'm overall QUITE pleased with the way GMAIL has been handled by the iPhone...or viceversa.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2