Anyone else having memory leak issues?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that in less than a week or so my Facebook app grows to over 500 MB, and at one point hit almost 1 GB. When you only have a 16 GB this is an issue.

Twitter is bad for this also so is Instagram and the Google app. I'm really tired of removing the apps entirely and then putting them back as this actually frees up a couple of gigs on my iPhone and iPad.

But I would really like to know if there's any kind of an app that cleans this out without having to remove the apps manually all the time. My friend with an android Says they have an app to clean this out, so how about it? Is there a good one?

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi!
I know just the app you're looking for!
I own an iPhone 6s and have been using this app ever since.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battery-doctor-master-battery/id446751279?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Once you install this app, open it and close it. Wait for a few minutes and open the app again. You'll now see a tab saying "junk".
Click on it and clear the junk! I know there are many fakes apps, but this isn't one of those. You can check it's authenticity by checking your phone storage before and after cleaning the junk!

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that in less than a week or so my Facebook app grows to over 500 MB, and at one point hit almost 1 GB. When you only have a 16 GB this is an issue.

Twitter is bad for this also so is Instagram and the Google app. I'm really tired of removing the apps entirely and then putting them back as this actually frees up a couple of gigs on my iPhone and iPad.

But I would really like to know if there's any kind of an app that cleans this out without having to remove the apps manually all the time. My friend with an android Says they have an app to clean this out, so how about it? Is there a good one?

Get back to me if you have any questions. Happy to help :)

Peace!
-Kiran

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok I rebooted the iPhone 5C and I saw the junk folder on the bottom, I did it and it says it cleaned up the equivalent of 26 songs. I think there are about 200 more MB since the clean. Cool app, thanks. I will see how it is on the iPad as I only have about 1 GB free on it.

It also said to only do the clean when "dangerously low" storage left, but does this really matter?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Cool and I dig all the information like charge times and stuff like that. I think it might be good to clean up a little but I'm thinking that my Facebook app is just so huge after a few days like it's at 500 MB again but I'm probably just gonna have to remove it and reinstall it about every week or so. But this app is pretty cool. I think it will definitely help and after I've used it longer will see how much it helps.

Another thing I wanted was an app to alert me when the battery is full and I've tried so many of them and none of them work for me.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Edit: I just found the tab on the right side of the "Charge" page when plugged in and looked lookie......

So I assume the alert works? Pretty epic
a51e851cf97cfc9d62dbb7e1c337d197.jpg

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Edit: I just found the tab on the right side of the "Charge" page when plugged in and looked lookie......

So I assume the alert works? Pretty epic //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/a51e851cf97cfc9d62dbb7e1c337d197.jpg

I just use the cleaning function of the app. So can't comment if this feature will work or not!
As for Facebook, I deleted the app long back when In realised how much battery and storage it consumes( even I own a 16gb iphone). I have been using Facebook through Safari! That way i don't have any of the above problems 😅😛

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Something else to note is you might have to clean the JUNK a few times before it tells you "there is nothing else to clean" and each time you clean it shows a little more each time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Battery Doctor works ok for clearing cache. With some apps like Facebook, just sign out, then sign back in. No need to delete it. Deleting works a little better, but signing out keeps it down ok

Battery Doctor has changed and no longer has the delete cache feature.
Battery Saver does I think.
Battery Saver - Manage battery life & Check system status - by lin tongtong
https://appsto.re/us/hUYK7.i

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2