iOS devices need something like Continuum

Would you use Continuum-like product on iOS?

• Heck Yes!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nope. Don't need it.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'm not really sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! First of all, let me get this out: I am NOT OS loyal. I feel as if I should appreciate the positives of all OS's and have switched between iOS/Android/WindowsPhone/Blackberry (and webOS) numerous times in the past 8 years or so. My default (and current) is iOS, mainly because it does mostly everything I want, relatively reliably. However, lately, I have been eyeing the new Continuum feature of the new Windows 10 Mobile phones. For those that don't know what Continuum is, it is essentially a way to connect your phone (via cable or wireless) to a desktop monitor/mouse/keyboard to allow for big screen, desktop-like word processing, email, web browsing, etc.. Pretty cool in concept and from what I have played with at the MS store.

So today I have realized how much I could use this type of connection with my iPhone. I work in an environment that has a very secured computer system, meaning that using web features, such as iCloud, over our network is pretty much out of the question. Continuity, of course, doesnt work on PC and requires being on the same network - again not an option. But that does not change the fact that I could really use a larger screen to answer emails, etc while at my desk. I imagine it would reduce the amount of devices i carry when traveling too - currently a work laptop, iPhone, and personal laptop.

Microsoft makes some pretty questionable decisions sometimes, but I really feel like Continuum was a smart step. Would you want/use a Continuum-like connection for your iPhone/iPad?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2