Giving up unlimited data

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Verizon & have an iPhone 5 and still have my unlimited data. I don't know how i would manage if i had a limit. I do a lot of web browsing, watch Hulu+, etc. Luckily i was able to use an upgrade from my family plan and it works out to where i will be continue to do so. I'm sure Verizon will somehow remove that feature soon but for now i'll do what i can to keep it.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've come to peace with the fact that I will be paying retail for my device from now on to keep my beloved unlimited. I got a taste of what it would feel like when I bought the iPhone 5 and let me tell you my friend, you have to keep it. There's nothing like being able to do what ever I want, when I want, wherever I am on my phone; especially in a day and age where that is becoming RARE. I don't have to jump on WiFi as soon as I get to Starbucks, cause I can do everything from LTE. Anyways, I agree if you jailbreak you can get hotspot apps. Not sure if the carrier will nerf your data for it or not, but you CAN get them. I use PDANet - my WiFi hotspot is called "FBI Surv. Van 1" HAHAHA!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I gave up my unlimited plan on Verizon. We have 3 iPhones and a dumb phone with 4gb of data. The most we've used a month was just over 2 gb

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Going to the iPhone5, I gave up my unlimited plan as well... went back on MyVerizon and reviewed my usage of cellular data and with the ability to tether without an extra charge - I'm not going to be out any more money than before - just be able to use my data allotment & devices more conveniently than before.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. To get an iPad, if I ever win a free one, I'm considering starting new plan through a new company just to keep my AT&T unlimited. Obviously that's ridiculous, but I have talked myself into wifi only just to avoid a new contract and losing the unlimited. Interesting read though I might have to look over my usage. Throttled at over 3 is annoying but better than being charged for going over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2