Completely incompetent

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have spent three hours over two days in my local Verizon store trying to upgrade my phone with no luck. Yesterday they couldn't get it to activate. After an hour if trying I had to leave. Two more hours today. She still couldn't get it to activate. She said the SIM card was bad, to which I replied why not just put another one in? Her reply, you can't because its built I to the phone. Oh. My. God. How can an employee be this incompetent. She called Verizon and was told the phone had to sit for 24 hours for the ESN to reset. At this point I don't even think I'm going to upgrade anymore. The only reason I'm staying after this horrible service is to keep unlimited.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you Oh My God-ing the thing about the sim being built in, but that's true for CDMA phones like Verizon sells. Sorry it's been such a hassle, that's a bummer.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you Oh My God-ing the thing about the sim being built in, but that's true for CDMA phones like Verizon sells. Sorry it's been such a hassle, that's a bummer.

That was only true with the iPhone 4. The five uses a 4g lte SIM card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon iPhone 4 has no sim slot. The 4S did, I believe, but not the 4. I have two of them and looking at them right now and no sim slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The 4 was not a international phone it does not have a SIM card on sprint and Verizon models only the AT&T version had a sim slot cause its gsm

The 4s had one the sprint and verizon models can be unlocked for international

The gsm AT&T 4s can be fully unlocked

Unlike the 4 the 4s was the same hardware and same phone at this point apple did not have to make two different models like they did on the iPhone 4

Now with the 5 LTE all have sim slots but there is still a couple different versions of the phone so it will handle the LTE for that said carrier
The 5 Verizon model will actually work if you put a att SIM card in but it won't get LTE because the hardware can't pick up on AT&T LTE only Verizon but verizon 5 it will get AT&T 3G and comes unlocked out of the box

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I spent another hour and still no phone. I tried again to just buy it and they refused. They said the ESN still hadn't cleared. So I go home and call Verizon. The lady at Verizon CS was extremely nice. She looked it up and the ESN had cleared five hours before I went to the store. So she called the store to see what the issue was. The manager said they would help if I wanted to come back in tomorrow. So lets recap: they have a phone that is now used, that is able to be activated, and they just don't know how to do it evidently. They are now plain refusing to sell me the phone. I'm at my wits end to say the least. The lady at Verizon even tried to find another phone at another store but no one had any in town. Worst part is they are a third party store so there isn't any recourse.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's the very reason I refuse to go to those dreaded "authorized retailers". They are the worst. I made the mistake of going there to make a payment because I had cash & my card was home...That payment took 4 days to post!!! Never again😡

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
The Nano SIM isn't built in (it can be removed just as it can for every other iPhone) however (as I understand it) Verizon does not (yet) have replacement Nano SIM's so that is moot.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going to order one from Apple. I would rather wait three weeks than give this place a nickel. Plus with the suspect QC I would hate to have to try and do an exchange at this place, much rather deal with Apple directly in that case. Plus hopefully the second batch will be better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2