Is getting a 64gig 4s considered a contract upgrade from 16gig?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16gig 4s that I got in June with a new contract date. I love the phone it's in excellent condition but I think I may need more storage and considering a 64 gig. I don't mind paying the difference plus whatever value is lost on my 16gig but would this move be considered a new phone upgrade with contract penalties? I'm going to contact Sprint but wont have time to in the next few days and wanted to throw the question out here. Thanks in advance

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16gig 4s that I got in June with a new contract date. I love the phone it's in excellent condition but I think I may need more storage and considering a 64 gig. I don't mind paying the difference plus whatever value is lost on my 16gig but would this move be considered a new phone upgrade with contract penalties? I'm going to contact Sprint but wont have time to in the next few days and wanted to throw the question out here. Thanks in advance

In a word, yes. You have a phone and a contract. Getting a new phone will cost you full retail price.

Reactions: iEd

lamonicaj

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

iEd, if you purchase a 64g iPhone from Sprint or from someone, you can always change your handset & it's not considered an upgrade. You have already used your upgrade to get the 16g....you're not eligible for a new upgrade for another 21 months.

I just changed my son's handset out for one of my old ones & before I did I made sure I asked them if the contract would change. It did not....I checked on-line & a month later his phone still shows the following:

Your agreement with us, which started on 09/08/11, will be completed on 09/07/13. If you cancel your Sprint service before your Agreement term ends, up to $350/line early termination fee (ETF) for Advanced Devices & up to $200 ETF/line for other devices applies (no ETF for Agreements cancelled in compliance with Sprint's Return Policy). Learn more at sprint.com/etf

So, you're good!!!