Switching phone with 2yr Cont.

sarah2636

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Right now, I have a plan with two iPhone's with a 2yr. contract. One is my mom's, the other is mine. The bill is like $300. For me to pay, it's a lot. I never really looked at how much it might be. So, an idea came to me and I just wanted some help if it will work.
My boyfriends cousin has a basic phone and she's no longer using it. Am I able to switch that phone with mine and have no problems?
Please, I need help :confused:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Holy cow. I have 2 iPhones on my account and my bill is $150/month.

I have 5 phones (4 iPhones and a Samsung "dumb phone") and my bill is only $235/month.

To answer the OP's question: maybe/probably. If you contact your provider, and tell them that you are dropping one of the iPhones and replacing it with a non-smartphone, they may allow it and reduce your bill (eliminating the data plan), but that's only $30/month max.

There should not be any penalties, etc... but depending on how new the iPhones are, they may balk and question what you're doing and why... and might accuse you of taking the phone without living up to your end of the deal... or they may just say "you're under contract and we'll make our investment back"...

But the question remains: why is your bill so high? How many minutes? What add-ons do you have on your contract? Something seems seriously out of whack.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2