Iphone 4s slower on sprint than other networks?

dyepb_16

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi first time poster here, I looked through this section and didnt see a thread that answered this but if there is one if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Well when i hear that sprint was getting the iphone i returned my galaxy s2 so i could get the iphone 4s. I always ran my galaxy s2 on 3g to save battery so i didnt expect to see much difference in internet speeds and accessing the market and what not. When i finally got my 4s i noticed that the connectivity on it was lackluster to say the least. When using the web browser it was ok speed wise but still not quite as fast as my galaxy s2, both on 3g.
Siri also never seemed to work, it would sit there and say it was "thinking" for what semed like forever, and then i always got a message saying it could not connect to the network or something. Now this didnt happen every time but it did happen A LOT. Ive watched speed tests comparing the galaxy s2 and 4s for navigating the web as well as accessing the market. It got so bad that i went back to the galaxy s2 despite liking the iphone more.
Does anyone know why it is so slow on sprint? In every video i watched people are using siri with no problem and getting quick answers and opening the market etc.. Every video i watched that was comparing them was using a different network.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you got a bad phone. I would say it could be the area you're in, but if you galaxy works fine on 3G, that shouldn't be it. My father has a sprint 4S, and I have a Verizon 4S, and they are about the same speed. It might be a little slower, but not much.

dyepb_16

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
mine was MUCH slower. When opening the market on my galaxy s2 its instant as soon as i touch it, but with my iphone it took me well over a minute for it to loads each page

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
mine was MUCH slower. When opening the market on my galaxy s2 its instant as soon as i touch it, but with my iphone it took me well over a minute for it to loads each page

Yeah that could have been a bad phone. was it like that when you were on WIFI too?

dyepb_16

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm might have to try and find someone that has an iphone and sprint in my area and see how theres is, from the sounds of it i think it was the phone and not the area because it happened at my apartment, at school and at my parents house

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My sprint speeds suck. I have switched iphones 3 times with sprint me and my wires phone. It sucks was with att since the original iPhone should of stayed

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 on Sprint and the speeds are fine for me. I've done comparison tests with my friends/co-workers iPhone's (they have AT&T and Verizon), and for the most part the speeds were just fine. AT&T was just a tad bit faster, and for some reason, Verizon ended up being the slowest usually but just by a tiny bit. Overall, I'm happy with my 3G speeds. I think you have a lemon iPhone.

Also, I'm coming from an EVO 4G, and the 3G speeds on my iPhone for some reason are faster then the EVO speeds.

zak

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get an iPhone when my contract is up with Sprint and was concerned about how the speed compares to my current phone. I took my friends 4s and used the speed test next to my Epic, my phone was faster with upload speed, his was faster with download speed. :confused:

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Someone recently asked me if my iPhone 4S on Sprint was slower than ATT or Verizon would be. Here's what I said...

If you knew my address you would see that Sprint is the best option at my address. If you knew where I work and the route I take to work you would see Sprint is the best option. If you knew where I spend the majority of my leisure time you would see that Sprint is the best option.

Is Sprint slower than ATT or Verizon? Absolutely NOT, not where I live and work and use my phone.

Will Sprint be slower than ATT or Verizon where you live and work and use your phone? If they have the best coverage in those areas they will not be slower. If they don't, they will.

I say never mind what other people are experiencing - find out the best option for you and go with that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2