Never thought I'd say it, but...

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on ATT and have the iPhone 4. Verizon made a nice attempt, but ATT sealed the deal.

Finally I don't have to try to subsitute Android for the iPhone...

And my wife is happier too because she doesn't have to listen to me whine about Sprint not having the iPhone....

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Would be interesting to hear what deal AT&T made. I'm on AT&T and have no issues with service where I live (Staten Island) and where I work (lower Manhattan).

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I went on a lower voice plan, but they added 1000 rollover minutes per month for the next year to allow me to match my old Sprint plan. Wasn't bad at all... plus no activation and 24% off through my place of work...

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
iPhone guy:

I'm with you on AT&T. I got 5 iPhone 3GS's for $19 each as well as a 20% discount on service and data plans each month. With Sprint's recent decision to add $10 a month to each of my lines, AT&T will actually save me money every month. Glad to be here!

chesterhound

Reactions: pogeypre

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was a sprint customer for 4 years and decided to move to better and bigger things and Verizon no cap on data for 29.99 sealed the deal ( not to mention the hot spot option and 10 Friends and family circle) . I am also an Ipad owner however I never activated the 3G connection as for 99% of my Ipad needs are met through WiFI, I did lots of comparisons and decided to go with the big red as their reliability and customer care.

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So far, AT&T customer service has been excellent. The other thing they did was to add the any mobile any time option. That with rollover means our family will have plenty of talk minutes. We all have the 2GB data plans at $20/month each for our iPhones which also seems like plenty with wifi at home and so many AT&T hot spots around town.
We considered Verizon too, but the iPhone 3GS was still available and $19 was a great price. And in this area, AT&T coverage is stellar.

chesterhound

r0k

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I jumped to At&t in September for the iPhone 4 but also for the $15 data plan. Mark the spot is one of my most frequently used apps and I get a lot of complaints about call quality even when I have 5 bars. I was on the phone with a friend who is on Sprint and the call dropped yesterday when my phone was showing 5 bars. On my end it said "call failed" so I think that means it was my end that dropped. I would consider going back to VZW for better call quality but it's not bad enough for me to shell out an extra $15 a month for something I don't need (unlimited data). Of course the ETF is a bit of a deterrent as well, and Verizon's offer to buy my phone for $210 falls $65 short of my current ETF not to mention I gotta buy the phone all over again. As for the rollover minutes, I'm pretty sure I already had 1029 of them before I accepted the offer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2