I came from many years of using 2G/Edge Blackberry service with TMO and when I got my iphone 4 with 3G through AT&T I was so happy with the data speed.

I mean it was not lighting fast or anything but it was noticeably faster and good enough for just playing/browsing around.

Now, after 4 months of usage, I'm not sure if its the phone or the service.

App store, itunes, and apps that require data take so much longer to load. Feel like its back to Edge speeds...browsing experience is ruined by the lag as well.

Is it AT&T or do I need to clear something on the phone?

I'm in the NYC area by the way.
    11-11-2010 02:33 PM
    Your connection speed will vary depending on your location and network congestion. If you're in NYC, the network is prone to be heavily used, lowering your top connection speed.
    11-12-2010 01:11 AM
    I'm planning to lower my 3G from 2GB to 200MB and just get the Clear iSpot.

This way I can have both 4G and internet on my ipad as well.
    11-15-2010 10:41 AM
    Download the Speedtest app and post back with your speeds.

Hahahaha there in no real 4G
    11-18-2010 11:54 AM
    Man, I've traveled all around so far testing out these 3g speeds and I gotta say they are ok, even sometimes faster than their so called 4g speeds.
    12-23-2010 10:46 AM
    depending on where i am is how my speeds will be. my house suffers, but when i go around the city it boosts way up
    01-04-2011 12:25 AM
    i must really live in the perfect situation...

i often find myself forgetting that i turned wifi off earlier in the day, and when at home my device is just as fast, or any where at that matter
    01-04-2011 10:26 AM
    I've seen speeds of almost 6 Mbps at Bush Airport in Houston on 3G .. still have the speed test to prove it, I have never had issues with my 3G anywhere being really slow, BUT you have to remember, BB is is a compressed browser if you used it for years, it's gonna be somewhat faster, nothing really there to download, i4 has a full web browser, anyone else will tell you the same thing,
    01-06-2011 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD