Restocking fee with AT&T?

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, hope you guys can help me out. I am trying to return my iPhone4 to AT&T but was told that there will be a restocking fee. I know Apple is waiving that fee but what about AT&T? Been on hold waiting for another AT&T rep for the past 30 minutes now.

rsandlas

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
if the white iphone comes out before the 30 days is up, do you think i can return the black and get the white one, for no charges?

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Just finished the returned process at an AT&T store. The process was smooth except for the fact that they tried to impose the 10% restocking fee. I had to tell them about what Steven Jobs said and without questioning me, they just said "OK". So I assume that they do know about waiving the 10% restocking fee but you must remind them or else they will not waive that fee.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well the fact that it's written in writing slams that person's attempt to draw 10%. Maybe throwing around the Steve word made them quiver in their boots.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's Apple's policy. NO other AT&T phone has a restocking fee.
Incorrect, there are restocking fees for other
smartphones... I'm not sure about feature &
dumb-phones though. I believe it is up to $35
that can be applied.

Edit: I believe on the non-smartphones too,
but I never purchase those and wouldn't know.

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
you must have been having alot of problems to go back to your 3gs after having the i4

I wasn't really having problems with the i4. I could've lived with it. It's just that the 3gs provided a much smoother iphone experience for me than the i4. i4 lagged on loading websites and wasn't as smooth navigating around. I tested it side-by-side using the same apps and websites. Typing on the 3gs was a lot better also. Honestly, I love the iphone and can recommend the phone to others just for me I would rather stick with the 3gs. I would rather not be locked in another 2 year contract with AT&T. I'll wait to see if there is a LTE version on Verizon or a much better iPhone5 next year.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't really having problems with the i4. I could've lived with it. It's just that the 3gs provided a much smoother iphone experience for me than the i4. i4 lagged on loading websites and wasn't as smooth navigating around. I tested it side-by-side using the same apps and websites. Typing on the 3gs was a lot better also. Honestly, I love the iphone and can recommend the phone to others just for me I would rather stick with the 3gs. I would rather not be locked in another 2 year contract with AT&T. I'll wait to see if there is a LTE version on Verizon or a much better iPhone5 next year.
I think I can speak for most, but that experience is
the total opposite. I have other platforms with
faster processors as well as a 3GS and the difference
is noticeably faster on the i4.

If you're cool with the 3GS, that good as well, but
you might be the first person that I've heard say
that... also, I'm sure they may be others.

Did you try to switch it out with another i4 to
ensure it wasn't just that phone?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

If you were having lagging, un-smooth navigation, then your iPhone 4 is nothing like mine. I came from and iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 is much faster, much smoother and loads pages as quick as I've ever seen.

But hey I am like Duvi if you are happy with the iPhone 3GS, power to ya! It sounds to me like you were more interested in reversing your decision in hopes of the next iPhone coming out on Verizon and being able to get away from AT&T.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If you were having lagging, un-smooth navigation, then your iPhone 4 is nothing like mine. I came from and iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 is much faster, much smoother and loads pages as quick as I've ever seen.

But hey I am like Duvi if you are happy with the iPhone 3GS, power to ya! It sounds to me like you were more interested in reversing your decision in hopes of the next iPhone coming out on Verizon and being able to get away from AT&T.
That was my thoughts exactly on the Verizon/iPhone statement.

More room for me on AT&T :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2