Wireless CarPlay

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Going to revive this thread.

Since I just got a "new" 2018 Honda CRV ELX AWD with factory CarPlay, I decided to buy another CarPlay2Air unit for my car, since it worked great in my wife's 2019 CRV EXL. Setup was quick and the phone connects in about 10 seconds when the car is turned on.

Oh, and I got it on a Black Friday deal, $99.

Last edited:

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Going to revive this thread.

Since I just got a "new" 2018 Honda CRV ELX AWD with factory CarPlay, I decided to buy another CarPlay2Air unit for my car, since it worked great i my wife's 2019 CRV EXL. Setup was quick and the phone connects in about 10 seconds when the car is turned on.

Oh, and I got it on a Black Friday deal, $99.

That’s good to hear. I got an iPhone 12 Pro at launch and thought I would have issues connecting to my CarPlay2Air device but nope, it connected pretty easily and still works great. Only thing I’ve noticed is on the connect screen it now lists my 11 Pro and 12 Pro but other than that everything is the same. Def a great investment in buying this

May 31, 2019
Visit site
Finally tried the unit. My friend bought a Carlinkit which is the same as CPlay2Air adapter and works on his Volvo XC60 but doesn't work on my Mercedes GLC200. So I searched and bought ViseeO Play2air which works but it is a lot more expansive because this brand mainly makes audio/handsfree upgrade solution for high end cars such as Mercedes, Audi, and BMW (my friend has used their Tune2Air Airplay upgrade before). The unit is a lot smaller compare to the Carlinkit unit and a lot more elegant (it uses Aluminum housing). Setup is easy simply use Bluetooth to connect and the reconnection is really fast as soon as the head unit is turned on the connection is in process. Really enjoy it!!! Once you use wireless carplay there is no turning back!!!
155066.jpg155065.jpg

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally tried the unit. My friend bought a Carlinkit which is the same as CPlay2Air adapter and works on his Volvo XC60 but doesn't work on my Mercedes GLC200. So I searched and bought ViseeO Play2air which works but it is a lot more expansive because this brand mainly makes audio/handsfree upgrade solution for high end cars such as Mercedes, Audi, and BMW (my friend has used their Tune2Air Airplay upgrade before). The unit is a lot smaller compare to the Carlinkit unit and a lot more elegant (it uses Aluminum housing). Setup is easy simply use Bluetooth to connect and the reconnection is really fast as soon as the head unit is turned on the connection is in process. Really enjoy it!!! Once you use wireless carplay there is no turning back!!!
View attachment 130315View attachment 130316

This unit does look fancy. My unit is tucked away in the front center console so it’s not visible but I wouldn’t mind showing off an aluminum housing device.

Couldn’t agree more with your statement on wireless CarPlay. Def a game changer for me.

Other than the OBD11 device for VW modifications this has been a solid investment in upgrading the tech in my car. My friend was telling me how his wife borrowed his car and took the USB cable so she could charge her phone at work and never returned it so he couldn’t connect to his CarPlay and said his 1.5hr commute home from work was miserable. Told him I couldn’t relate since I use wireless CarPlay LMAO

May 31, 2019
Visit site
Ha, this is funny. It is annoyed when you can not find your lightning cable in your car when you want to use the carplay. I think it makes a lot more sense to use wireless carplay especially for people who optioned for wireless charging pad in their cars. You can wirelessly charging the phone without the need to attach a cable to use the carplay.

This unit does look fancy....... My friend was telling me how his wife borrowed his car and took the USB cable so she could charge her phone at work and never returned it so he couldn’t connect to his CarPlay and said his 1.5hr commute home from work was miserable. Told him I couldn’t relate since I use wireless CarPlay LMAO

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My friend was telling me how his wife borrowed his car and took the USB cable so she could charge her phone at work and never returned it so he couldn’t connect to his CarPlay and said his 1.5hr commute home from work was miserable. Told him I couldn’t relate since I use wireless CarPlay LMAO

But you'll still need to charge your phone, right? I got a wireless charger specifically for my make and model car for Christmas so I don't even need a cable to charge anymore. Wireless charging while using wireless CarPlay.

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The problem I have is that whilst using Carplay I like to use a separate app on my phone called CamerAlert here in the UK, which as the name implies, is a database of speed cameras which gives advance warnings of any speed cameras.
Since Apple has allowed apps to run on the phone alongside Carplay, then this has been very useful.

So this means I have to mount my phone on a vent mount where I can glance at it when a warning arrives.
I’ve found that there are some good quality magnetic charge leads on Amazon, and I now use a short one to connect to my phone. I can connect it using one hand, and it even has an led built in to the charge connector so I can find it in the dark.

May 31, 2019
Visit site
The problem I have is that whilst using Carplay I like to use a separate app on my phone called CamerAlert here in the UK, which as the name implies, is a database of speed cameras which gives advance warnings of any speed cameras.
Since Apple has allowed apps to run on the phone alongside Carplay, then this has been very useful.

So this means I have to mount my phone on a vent mount where I can glance at it when a warning arrives.
I’ve found that there are some good quality magnetic charge leads on Amazon, and I now use a short one to connect to my phone. I can connect it using one hand, and it even has an led built in to the charge connector so I can find it in the dark.

It would be nice if Apple map or Google map has built-in camera alert...... ><

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

In the US Apple Maps has speed and red light cameras visible in NYC but you don’t get an alert as you’re approaching one. You would need to glance at the head unit to see it. Would be nice if that app was added to the list of approved apps to work on CarPlay

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Or.......and I'm just putting this out there........you COULD drive the speed limit and not run red lights?

Just a thought.

Sorry........couldn't resist. :)

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

Waze carry’s (quite noisy) camera alerts built in

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77