So confused!!

Uhoh666

Jun 7, 2019
Visit site
I received a Messenger message from a friend and at the same time the message he sent appeared on my girlfriends Messenger as well even though he didn't send it to her. How is this possible? Any ideas? As well my 2 step authentication was shut off completely even though it was set up previously. As well she will often go on my phone to look at pictures which I have NO problem with at all. Thank you very much everyone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As well she will often go on my phone to look at pictures which I have NO problem with at all.

Well unfortunately I believe you just solved your own mystery.

After changing your Apple ID password and re-enabling 2FA, try not letting anyone access your device for a while and see if the issue happens again. I'm thinking it will not.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I received a Messenger message from a friend and at the same time the message he sent appeared on my girlfriends Messenger as well even though he didn't send it to her. How is this possible? Any ideas? As well my 2 step authentication was shut off completely even though it was set up previously. As well she will often go on my phone to look at pictures which I have NO problem with at all. Thank you very much everyone.

Are you referring to Apple’s “Messages” app, or Facebook’s “Messenger” app?