Why restrictions?

I

iMore Question

When i try to open the new tv app in the app store it tells me that i have restrictions turned on and therefore can’t. But it’s not turned on and i have never used any restrictions. Any advise to fix this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When i try to open the new tv app in the app store it tells me that i have restrictions turned on and therefore can’t. But it’s not turned on and i have never used any restrictions. Any advise to fix this?

Go to the restrictions section in Settings and enable restrictions, then disable it again and see if it works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’m missing something. You stated, “when I try to open the new tv app in the App Store...”.

In a later post, you stated, “ it’s as if the app is already installed...”.

My question is this - Isn’t the app suppose to be installed first before you’re able to open or use it?

SimonHR

May 14, 2019
Visit site
I’m missing something. You stated, “when I try to open the new tv app in the App Store...”.

In a later post, you stated, “ it’s as if the app is already installed...”.

My question is this - Isn’t the app suppose to be installed first before you’re able to open or use it?

Yeah its weird. I don't have the app installed, but I can see the settings for it
and when I go into the App Store it just tells me to open.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its weird. I don't have the app installed, but I can see the settings for it
and when I go into the App Store it just tells me to open.

Do a spotlight search for it and see if the app is found. If so, select it and see if it opens. If not, reboot the device to see if it appears or go to the device’s storage settings and then delete it. Afterwards, reinstall the app from the App Store.

SimonHR

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Do a spotlight search for it and see if the app is found. If so, select it and see if it opens. If not, reboot the device to see if it appears or go to the device’s storage settings and then delete it. Afterwards, reinstall the app from the App Store.

I found it in the device’s storage settings and deleted it. Now everything works! Thank you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2