No audio button in Phone app

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Somewhere around iOS 12 and/or getting my iPhone XS I stopped being able to answer a phone call on the iPad and then picking it up on my phone to continue the call. After going over everything multiple times and resetting the only way I can make it work is to turn off WiFi calling on the iPad. Not perfect but it will work.

But, it’s making me a little crazy that things aren’t working like they should be. In my travels around the Internet to try and figure this out it seems I should be getting an “audio” button where I have the “speaker” button. From what I’ve read and seen demonstrated you’re supposed to hit the audio button and that will give you the option to transfer the call from one device to the other. I don’t have that and tapping speaker does nothing. I’ve checked Accessibility and Call Routing is set to Automatic. I know I must have something set up wrong somewhere but for the life of me I can’t figure out where. Anyone have any ideas?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That’s weird!!! Have you tried doing a hard reboot? My audio button shows up, as long as I have another device close by. Haven’t notice it not being available.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
That’s weird!!! Have you tried doing a hard reboot? My audio button shows up, as long as I have another device close by. Haven’t notice it not being available.

Yep. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I have them right next to each other when I try. I’m stumped.