When I send iMessages to someone it doesn’t show my phone number, just my default Apple ID email. In iMessages setting it shows my Apple ID in send and receive but does not show my number
    06-26-2018 08:24 AM
    SOLVED
    sign out of iMessage power off phone for 5 minutes and reboot
    iMessage was automatically turned back on an number was shown
    06-26-2018 09:01 AM
    SOLVED
    sign out of iMessage power off phone for 5 minutes and reboot
    iMessage was automatically turned back on an number was shown
    Thanks for the update and we're glad you got the issue resolved. Take care...
    pp221 likes this.
    06-26-2018 09:25 AM
    I had same issue even after sign out an power off. I had to uncheck my apple email address's from under send and receive. Just left my phone number checked and that worked for now.
    06-27-2018 07:45 AM
    Hi guys , I’m having this same problem but in reverse.my friends is coming up as an email even though she has a iPhone it won’t let me FaceTime or iMessage her via her usual number. She hasn’t changed any settings or anything and she has ticked that you can reach her by number OR email. But when I go to search for her in my messages it appears green rather than blue. Once putting her email in my contact under her number only THEN can we FaceTime and iMessage. Pls help? Do you think it may be to do with the Beta ios12 because once trying on my mums iPhone the number appears blue and available for iMessage and FaceTime ....
    06-29-2018 07:51 AM
    Hi guys , I’m having this same problem but in reverse.my friends is coming up as an email even though she has a iPhone it won’t let me FaceTime or iMessage her via her usual number. She hasn’t changed any settings or anything and she has ticked that you can reach her by number OR email. But when I go to search for her in my messages it appears green rather than blue. Once putting her email in my contact under her number only THEN can we FaceTime and iMessage. Pls help? Do you think it may be to do with the Beta ios12 because once trying on my mums iPhone the number appears blue and available for iMessage and FaceTime ....
    Are you both on iOS 12? If you see her email, rather than her number, then it's on her end. She needs to go to settings > Messages > sent and received then check that her number is checked, and uncheck the email address. Does this happen with anyone else for either of you?
    06-29-2018 09:57 AM