iPhone X replacement

I

iMore Question

I”m on third iPhone X replacement this one has a very tiny wiggle on the mute switch it’s 90 % tight since it has a very tint centimeter that wiggles my previous unit is 100% tight what shall I do ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I”m on third iPhone X replacement this one has a very tiny wiggle on the mute switch it’s 90 % tight since it has a very tint centimeter that wiggles my previous unit is 100% tight what shall I do ?

You’re on your 3rd replacement iPhone X. That tells me you’re big time OCD! If true, there’s not a whole lot we can tell you. Instead of focusing on a “very tiny” wiggle with the mute switch, try focusing on enjoying the device as a whole like the rest of us.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

The mute switch is supposed to have a wiggle in it. After all it’s a moving mechanism. A rock solid switch would be worrisome, though.
So you’re obsessing about the wrong stuff here, mate.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

You are obsessing over an issue that's not really an issue. No iPhone X are the same. Some will have a firm mute button, some will have a minor play. There are manufacture tolerances when it comes to build and are likely within spec. It it was really loose then I'd understand but 10%. Not sure why you think that this is an issue. I see you also posted this on another forum as well:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-mute-switch-wiggle.2118260/

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
You are obsessing over an issue that's not really an issue. No iPhone X are the same. Some will have a firm mute button, some will have a minor play. There are manufacture tolerances when it comes to build and are likely within spec. It it was really loose then I'd understand but 10%. Not sure why you think that this is an issue. I see you also posted this on another forum as well:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-mute-switch-wiggle.2118260/

That’s my post on Mac rumor I”m on 4-5 replacement not on my thirds that’s not my post

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
While I can certainly understand why some would think that the threads were created by the same person let’s refrain from making unfair assumptions, especially when these particular threads weren’t even created on the same forum. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
These devices are mass produced, with tolerances. Physical buttons and switches will almost always have some kind of play. I would suggest to ignore it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711