Help for a Windows convert?

PepperdotNet

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
My first post over here on iMore, I have been an ambassador at WC and I have been using Windows 10 on my phone for the past three years. I recently decided to try an iPhone because apps.

So far most things seem workable but I have a couple of questions.

First, I am trying to find out if there is a way to somehow import my previous text messages which seem to live in Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud somewhere.

Second, any tips for integrating my 1TB+ of OneDrive from Office365 into the photos app so I don’t have to migrate all of that and buy an iCloud subscription?

Thanks guys.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
My first post over here on iMore, I have been an ambassador at WC and I have been using Windows 10 on my phone for the past three years. I recently decided to try an iPhone because apps.

First, I am trying to find out if there is a way to somehow import my previous text messages which seem to live in Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud somewhere.

Second, any tips for integrating my 1TB+ of OneDrive from Office365 into the photos app so I don’t have to migrate all of that and buy an iCloud subscription?

Thanks guys.

Hi! Welcome to the Dark Side

You can export your .vcf card a computer’s desktop then import it via icloud.com, under Contacts (select the cog wheel, bottom right hand of that section).

As for your OneDrive thing, I don’t think there’s integration for the Photos app. Maybe someone who’s used OneDrive will be able to provide a more accurate answer.

PepperdotNet

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to the Dark Side

You can export your .vcf card a computer’s desktop then import it via icloud.com, under Contacts (select the cog wheel, bottom right hand of that section).

As for your OneDrive thing, I don’t think there’s integration for the Photos app. Maybe someone who’s used OneDrive will be able to provide a more accurate answer.
It seems like you're telling me how to import my contacts. That was no problem at all, as my contacts are stored in the same Exchange account with my email and calendar.

What I am looking for is how to import the SMS (text message) history. Right now, I am keeping the old Windows phone around until I am sure that I don't need to refer back to any of those texts, or find another way to access them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! I hope you'll like it here! I'm not sure if this would be helpful to you, but I did notice that there is a Microsoft OneDrive app in the App store. Might this be a possible solution for you?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know of any way to migrate messages. There is a OneDrive app for your photo needs. If you have an account, just log in. It starts with only 5 free gb of storage space though. You can buy more. But this way, they don't take space on your camera roll or in iCloud.

WillyBi

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site

Thanks guys.

Hi PepperdotNet
I m facing same issue, no way to transfer messages from old Windows phone to iphone
Did you find a solution already?
Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77