Volume indicator not showing up in YouTube

PJericho

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi Everyone, i'm just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. I noticed since the last update of YouTube app on my iPhone that when i'm playing a video in full screen and i change the volume i don't get the volume indicator bar at the top of the screen like i used to. I tried on my wife's iPhone and she's still running the previous version of YouTube and her's was fine. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks, much appreciated.

PJericho

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Sorry i should have included more detail. I'm on the latest IOS code version 11.2.6 and i have tried multiple reboots of my phone. The issue still occurs.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Apps like YouTube and Netflix sometimes hide the standard iOS volume indicator and replace it with one of their own in the app. Possibly that has happened here, and the YouTube bar is not working for some reason. You could report this to Google.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
iPad Pro (9.7-inch) running 11.2.6, no volume indicator in YouTube app. Don't have it installed on my iPhone so I can't check that.

PJericho

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Yes i was just going to post the same thing. I just updated today to version 13.10.7 of YouTube and this functionality has been restored. I prefer to see the volume level adjustments on the screen while the video is playing so i'm glad this is working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2