My iPhone displayed a battery charging symbol, but still wouldn’t charge. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

i have Iphone 6S ,and after my phone dead , it wont turn on and i pluged the charger ,still didnt trun on , it just show battery logo . and i was searching it about it and they said heat the battery with hair dryer , i did it and it dont even show the bettery logo i tryed to restart it but i couldnt

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: what should i do?

You need to leave it plugged in for a while until the battery charges up enough to power the phone back on. If it doesn’t turn on after 30 minutes to an hour though, you might need a new battery.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

They could help diagnose the problem, but I don’t believe they can replace the battery. I would also try using a different cable and charging brick, just in case the one you’ve using stopped working.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You can go to the store you got it from. They’ll most likely just take your phone, send it to their repair service. That will take up to 10 days (with any luck) before you have your phone back.

Your best bet is going directly to an Apple Store after making an appointment on their https://support.apple.com page

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Best bet is the Apple store they are replacing batteries for 29 dollars.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Actually now they are saying they will begin to replace batteries in 2 months. Heard it on CNN Friday night

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
what should i do?

I’m trying to call the local Apple store to verify cuz I have an appt on Tuesday to change the battery and don’t wanna go there and waste my time.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I got a battery replaced in an iPhone 6 last week. I had gone in a week earlier and they said they had to order more batteries. They sent me an email a few days later stating my parts were in. Went in, they told me three hours, it was done in less than two. $29 plus tax.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2