Battery faulty? Or software corrupted

morendan

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
Okay i deleted everything i replied so i could make one correct post with everything i know.

iPhone 7 Plus. Replaced screen and when plugged into the wall it was stuck in the apple logo constantly rebooting. HOWEVER, while connected the wall outlet the screen showed the apple logo there for id assume the screen replacement was successful. After looking in the interwebs i found out i could restore my iphone following the instructions that were given online, I ended up with a phone that was showing to connect to itunes. After disconnecting the device from the walloutlet and connecting it to the PC, it showed no signs of working. There was no charging screen (green battery on the screen) it didnt show "connect to itunes" it wouldnt even recognize the device. Basically it acted as if i never even connected anything.

After reading online i read that after connecting the device to the PC i could--- Hold down both the Side button and Volume Down button, After 8 seconds, release the Side button while continuing to hold down the Volume Down button.

Success! The device was finally recognized by my PC, however there was still no signs of the screen functioning when looking at the device (after reading online i presume this means i am in DFU mode, "Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode. If open, iTunes will alert you that a device was detected in recovery mode." which is what i received"

In this state, iTunes insist the an iphone has been detected in recovery mode (online forum said this is what DFU mode shows) and that i must restore my device if i want to use it. After clicking OK and restoring the device, the top Loading bar on itunesd shows my device being worked on and at the very end of the loading bar it proceeds with it saying "Waiting on iPhone." the sound of a device disconnecting from the PC and then the sound of it reconencting will happen and then the bar will switch over to it saying "preparing iphone for restore" Which at this point the apple logo will come on! and then the logo will go away and go back to it being completely blank with the bar going back to the status "waiting for iPhone."

After waiting a few minutes iTunes will give me the infomation "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005)"

Unsure where to move from here any advice would be appreciated.

I am terribly sorry for this being a long post i just wanted as much detail in case someone else comes along and wants to know whats going on

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I recommend making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. Repairing iPhones is tricky and even replacing a screen can cause unforeseen issues. I think it’s likely the phone didn’t take to the screen replacement. I know it sounds weird, however, Apple should be able help you solve your issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73