They will. But not if they can get it for $29. Some may upgrade instead if it's $80.
    Very true.
    01-16-2018 01:57 PM
    Just dropped my 6s off for battery replacement. Didn’t wanna wait 2 hours so I’ll be back tomorrow
    01-16-2018 09:07 PM
    aww.. hi ghuiz... i have 2 ipads stuck at home. both are not charging. and it's been a while since i haven't use them. you think i could still use them ?can the apple store fix my ipads ?
    01-17-2018 02:40 AM
    aww.. hi ghuiz... i have 2 ipads stuck at home. both are not charging. and it's been a while since i haven't use them. you think i could still use them ?can the apple store fix my ipads ?
    Yes Apple can replace the batteries. HOWEVER the 29 dollar deal is just for phones. And the iPad battery is 99 dollars, not 79.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-17-2018 10:02 AM
    Battery replaced!!
    pkcable and Mr.Willie like this.
    01-17-2018 02:57 PM
    I'm going to get my iPhone 7 Plus' done around Nov/Dec so I can say "brand new battery" when I go to sell it! lol When I get my iPhone X2 or whatever its called.
    MB64 likes this.
    01-17-2018 03:39 PM
    I'm going to get my iPhone 7 Plus' done around Nov/Dec so I can say "brand new battery" when I go to sell it! lol When I get my iPhone X2 or whatever its called.
    Great plan
    pkcable likes this.
    01-17-2018 07:02 PM
    I'll probably upgrade in September, but will keep my 6s Plus as a back up. It needs a battery now, but I'll wait as long as possible to get one. I'm just hoping they can put one in without updating my OS. I want to keep it on iOS 10.1.1.
    01-18-2018 09:04 AM
    I'll probably upgrade in September, but will keep my 6s Plus as a back up. It needs a battery now, but I'll wait as long as possible to get one. I'm just hoping they can put one in without updating my OS. I want to keep it on iOS 10.1.1.
    I don't believe they would require you to update. They might recommend it, but I don't think they would require it. I had a situation in the past like that, and the Apple guy had no issues working on my iPhone on an older OS which was even jail broken. We danced around the issue. He knew and I knew he knew, but it went unsaid. If I recall he DID recommend that I upgrade to the latest software, BUT since the issue was hardware based he said it really didn't matter.
    01-18-2018 09:21 AM
    hi pkcable. thanks for the reply. there's one slight ?? or big problem. I'm in the Philippines. and there are i stores here but i never really tried cause they said if you're gonna fix it, better buy a new one.
    01-18-2018 10:20 AM
    I don't believe they would require you to update. They might recommend it, but I don't think they would require it. I had a situation in the past like that, and the Apple guy had no issues working on my iPhone on an older OS which was even jail broken. We danced around the issue. He knew and I knew he knew, but it went unsaid. If I recall he DID recommend that I upgrade to the latest software, BUT since the issue was hardware based he said it really didn't matter.
    I hope that's the case. Seems I recall someone saying they updated their phone without asking. I'll have to mail mine in, as I'm about 80 miles from the nearest Apple Store.
    01-18-2018 10:39 AM
    Typical Apple. Any noticeable improvement in terms of performance?
    Wife and her mother (It’s now a mother-in-law device), say that its back to normal.

Note: it’s running the latest iOS beta.

Do it now. Why fight with a phone that has a dying battery. They don’t update the OS. They just look at the condition of the phone and make sure it still works.

I hope that's the case. Seems I recall someone saying they updated their phone without asking. I'll have to mail mine in, as I'm about 80 miles from the nearest Apple Store.
    Make a day trip out of it. Have some fun in the big city.
    01-18-2018 11:00 AM

Do it now. Why fight with a phone that has a dying battery. They don’t update the OS. They just look at the condition of the phone and make sure it still works.

Make a day trip out of it. Have some fun in the big city.
    It runs fine. No fighting, I just have to charge several times a day. I want to wait so the new battery will last longer, as I will keep it and likely use it along with whatever I upgrade to. I have several 32 bit apps I will use on the 6s Plus.
    I'm not sure I could drive that far anymore. I'd probably have to get someone to take me. Besides, they don't have anything we don't have, other than an Apple Store. It's aggravating that Apple won't put a store here. There's only 2 stores in the entire state of Alabama.
    01-18-2018 11:34 AM
    soo, If you ghuiz are here in the Philippines, not that rich and not that poor, would you wanna fix your ipads, or you'll just buy a new one ??
    01-18-2018 11:51 PM
    soo, If you ghuiz are here in the Philippines, not that rich and not that poor, would you wanna fix your ipads, or you'll just buy a new one ??
    Fix it. It’ll be cheaper.
    01-19-2018 06:30 AM
    really ??? u think so ? then I guess i'll have to save a lot more. which is soo hard for me... thank you comiken
    01-19-2018 06:52 AM
    I’m not saying $50 is irrelevant but are people NOT going to get a battery replaced if they need to because it cost $80 vs $30?
    They will. But not if they can get it for $29. Some may upgrade instead if it's $80.
    Ledsteplin beat me to it. .......In addition, some would still claim to have been forced to upgrade because the battery in the current phone didn’t last long enough...
    01-19-2018 07:07 AM
    Unless the X2 or Xs or X+ is really an upgrade I may keep my phones longer than usual and get my batteries replaced in December if the charge cycles are more than 200 or so.
    01-19-2018 07:49 AM
    It runs fine. No fighting, I just have to charge several times a day. I want to wait so the new battery will last longer, as I will keep it and likely use it along with whatever I upgrade to. I have several 32 bit apps I will use on the 6s Plus.
    I'm not sure I could drive that far anymore. I'd probably have to get someone to take me. Besides, they don't have anything we don't have, other than an Apple Store. It's aggravating that Apple won't put a store here. There's only 2 stores in the entire state of Alabama.
    Luckily I’m kinda right in the middle of both of them . Bham is closer but both aren’t bad for me. Planning on swinging by next time if in bham and letting them change mine on my 6+.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    01-19-2018 08:40 AM
44 12