Raise to wake

I

iMore Question

I notice on very rare occasions if my iPhone is flat on a surface (not facing down) the screen just randomly turns on by itself. It is however very rare. Is the sensor messed up or something?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I don't think anything is wrong with your phone or its sensor. You even stated that it's very rare that it occurs. I'd wager that it's just one of those random little things that happens with all consumer products.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A power surge may cause that if it's plugged in. If it's not plugged in, it's probably a notification that didn't quite show on the screen. Turn all all your notifications off for lockscreen. See if it still happens. If not, turn one on at a time. You might find the culprit that way. Most likely an app notification.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A power surge may cause that if it's plugged in. If it's not plugged in, it's probably a notification that didn't quite show on the screen. Turn all all your notifications off for lockscreen. See if it still happens. If not, turn one on at a time. You might find the culprit that way. Most likely an app notification.

Exactly this. Thanks Ledsteplin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2