6s or 6s Plus?

I

iMore Question

Hello! I currently have an iPhone 5s and am deciding between the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. I can get both of the phones for the same price, so I'm really interested in getting the better of the phones as I have a contract so it will be my everyday device for at least 2 years if not more. My only real concern is that the 6s plus is just too big. Has anyone felt that way? Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! My last three phones have been "Plus" size devices and I love the larger form factor. My wife, on the other hand, hates the phablet design and sticks to the smaller form factor. I recommend visiting a store that sells both sizes, trying them out for yourself, and going with your gut.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Had a 6 Plus for two years and just switched to a standard 7 the other day. Main reasons are so I could put my phone in my pocket with ease and use it one handed. Bigger screen is nice, but the oversized nature of the Plus was too much for me. Plus it's cheaper to go smaller.

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Personally I love the 6s Plus and would never go back to a smaller phone (in fact, I wouldn't mind it if they made the plus a little bigger...). That being said, it is quite an adjustment, especially coming from a 5s. My suggestion would be to go into a store, either the Apple Store or a carrier store, and play with the two phones for a while. See which one you like the most, but keep in mind that it'll be the phone you use everyday, so trying using it with one hand and in other ways that you know you typically use it to see which is the best fit.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
All good advice. It is a personal decision. But the Plus version does have a higher screen resolution, which is very important to me. You might make note of that difference too..

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Personal decision.

size as well.. Which matters more to you. Arguably i guess, getting a laptop is an easier choice to make.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Personal decision.

size as well.. Which matters more to you. Arguably i guess, getting a laptop is an easier choice to make.

I don't think deciding on the size of the phone and the size of a laptop is a viable statement. These are two different beast with different needs and expectations. I, for one, like the Plus size of the 6s but for reasons that are different from most. My 71 year old eyes need as much screen space as possible and still remain a phone. In my case the size and weight difference is something I have to endure for the sake of a large screen. As for laptops, they don't come in 6" or less screen size; hence two different tools for multiple different needs.