How do I turn off Voice Control in iphone 7

I

iMore Question

I have voice control - if I press too hard on the home button it activates. I don't want to use Siri either, Can anyone help please?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To deactivate Siri: Go to Settings → Siri, and then disable the toggle next to "Siri".
To deactivate "VoiceOver": Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → VoiceOver, and then disable the toggle next to "VoiceOver".

slashzap

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Even with this done, the Voice Control comes on when pressing to unlock the phone (if it doesn't recognize the thumb right away). Do you know any way to prevent this?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Even with this done, the Voice Control comes on when pressing to unlock the phone (if it doesn't recognize the thumb right away). Do you know any way to prevent this?

That cannot be disabled. In other words, there's no way to make nothing at all happen when you hold down the home button.

MattBF

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have voice control - if I press too hard on the home button it activates. I don't want to use Siri either, Can anyone help please?

There is no way to turn off voice control on the lock screen. You have to activate Siri to turn off voice control. Than one of the options for Siri is "Access on Lock Screen" Simply toggle that off.

danifaber

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me (on an iPhone 7 Plus)
Go to settings
Select General
Select Accessibility
Select Home button
Under 'Press and hold to speak' select Off.
I get no voice control at all now. Hope this works for you😀

rs1793

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I have a 7 Plus and had to also go to General>Accessibility>Speech>Typing Feedback and turn off Speak Words and Speak Auto-text to shut this thing up and recover my sanity.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77