Can an unpaid ATT phone be used on another account? Clean IMEI not Blacklisted. have to unlock?

I

iMore Question

So I have two iPhone 6s with unpaid balances, both with clean IMEI and not blacklisted. One from ATT and one from Sprint. I know I can't use the Sprint one on another account. But is there a way to unlock the sprint phone thats unpaid to work on another network? If there is a service, what is the cheapest one?

I would also like to know if I can use ATT one on another account without getting it unlocked? or do I have to get that one unlocked also? If so, whats the cheapest service to unlock an unpaid phone?

Bottom line is that I just want to resell both of these phones for the most I can. Both have unpaid bills, but both have clean IMEI and are not blacklisted. What is my best option to sell these phones at the most I can?

Any accurate information is appreciated :)

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Your best option is for the accounts to be paid in full. The respective carriers will likely block the phones if they have not already done so.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Any time that there's an unpaid balance on a phone the carrier will not unlock it and will eventually blacklist it. You'll not be able to use the phone for anything other than a paperweight until the balances are paid in full.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2