Can I use an unlocked Sprint iPhone on a different network?

psychoticprodigy

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, my dad is looking to pay off his iPhone Xr from Sprint and ask them to unlock it for him. My question is after sprint unlocks it will I be able for him to get his phone to work on another network. I've never had a carrier phone and instead buy all my phones factory unlocked. Hope to hear back

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome to iMore

I pretty sure you should be able to use it once it’s unlocked, but I’m not too familiar with Sprint devices. Hopefully, someone with a little more knowledge will chime in soon!

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I’m doing the same thing with Verizon. I had them verify my IMEI number to ensure I could. Now all I’m waiting on is for T-Mobile to send me the carrier unlock email.

psychoticprodigy

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
I'm new to this whole thing. Im trying to get my Dad and sister to join me, but I have no clue on the carriers unlocking their iphones. I assume T-mobile could do it since they own Sprint now

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I'm new to this whole thing. Im trying to get my Dad and sister to join me, but I have no clue on the carriers unlocking their iphones. I assume T-mobile could do it since they own Sprint now

I called 611 with T-Mobile. They verified that the phone was paid off and told me to look out for an email in 24 hours with instructions on how unlock it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice