Is the iPhone call reception signal different on each iPhone model?

solomon_grundy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
iPhone call reception signal on different iPhone models

How is the call reception signal on the iPhone 4s, 5 and 5s? Is one iPhone model better than another for getting enough cell signal to make and receive calls?
I am in a basement, so I need an iPhone with excellent call signal strength. I am currently on Public Mobile, which is basically Telus.
I get great signal on my ancient blackberry bold, but I believe that newer phones do not have the same radio strength as older models did.
I can't really afford to invest in a signal booster, so that isn't an option.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone call reception signal on different iPhone models

I've owned each iPhone since the 4, and didn't notice a huge signal difference between all of them.

As for your question in your other post, I would get the newest model that you can afford. The 5s would be the best choice obviously, but the 5 should be okay too. Personally, I would avoid the 4s. A friend of mine had one with iOS 8, and it didn't appear to be a very good mix.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: iPhone call reception signal on different iPhone models

I have all of them as well and can not determine enough of a difference to be worth mentioning. However I am sure with each version of the phone they modify the radios just a bit to improve battery life etc, so the 5s would probably be the best.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2