Why does my "Time since last full charge" say 16,595 days?

I

iMore Question

I just unboxed an iPod touch 5 on June 8th 2015 and it was completely dead. Even if I pushed the home button or the on button on top it wouldn't show the dead battery screen. So I plugged it in and waited a bit, and eventually it started up. The date and time and everything were correct, even after being so dead. I connected it to wifi and it automatically started a software update to iOS 8. I noticed the battery in the top right corner wasn't showing the percentage, so I went to Settings>General>Usage to try to turn on the percentage. (Later I found out the percentage only works on iPhones and iPads.) But I happened to notice that the "Time since last full charge" said 16,595 days. I was like lolwut :} I put it into a calculator and found that it was about 45.5 years ago (which is obviously ridiculous XD) and eventually I found out that it dated back to January 1 1970 and I remembered that that was the beginning of epoch time/Unix time/whatever. I was wondering why it showed 16,595 days instead of a dash or something. Thanks.

P.S. Yes, I did mean to say the word "that" twice up there.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Upon being charged, and operable, it displayed what its operating system calculated... Yes, it's really that simple.