How can I do the software update for iPhone 4s iOS 8.3?

I

iMore Question

Ever since I got this iPhone 4s turned back on it's showed a number 1 on the settings app I click on general and it say's software update. I click on that it say's, iOS 8.3. This release includes improved performance, bug fixes, and a redesigned Emoji keyboard. Underneath that it say's Learn More, I click on that, it gives a list of everything it's suppose to update. At the bottom there is the Apple support website. But also it says this update requires a wifi connection to download. I can't even turn my wifi on either.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I got this iPhone 4s turned back on it's showed a number 1 on the settings app I click on general and it say's software update. I click on that it say's, iOS 8.3. This release includes improved performance, bug fixes, and a redesigned Emoji keyboard. Underneath that it say's Learn More, I click on that, it gives a list of everything it's suppose to update. At the bottom there is the Apple support website. But also it says this update requires a wifi connection to download. I can't even turn my wifi on either.

Because of the size of the iOS update, you must do the install over wifi. If you cannot turn wifi on, I don't think you can get the update.

• Your options are:
  • Figure out why you can't turn wifi on
  • Live with the version of iOS that you are currently running
  • Upgrade the device
Perhaps a visit to an Apple store will help - but your phone is most likely out of warranty.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2