The camera & flash on my iPhone 4S do not work & the battery is terrible. What can I do?

I

iMore Question

i got a used 4s 32gb recently on o2 and the rear camera and flash does not work
the battery is also terrible can anyone help me. for the battery i have tried basic stuff like background refresh etc ...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP! with iphone 4s rear camera and terrible battery

You can test your battery this way to see if it needs replacing.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP! with iphone 4s rear camera and terrible battery

Seriously. What do you expect us to say? I mean you've stated that you bought a "used" iPhone 4S and its camera and flash do not work. Those things will have to be repaired obviously. As for the battery, your device is 4 years old and depending on how the former owner(s) used it, you may need to replace it.