How do you use "notify me" correctly with Find My Friends?

I

iMore Question

I've set my phone for ( notify me when leaves. ) but I never get notified . Am I doing something wrong . Help much appreciated.

Firejo24

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do you use "notify me" correctly with Find My Friends?

I see this response on several blogs. It assumes that the problem that is being reported has a fix posted on the site but it doesn?t and I really wish people would actually read the problems that people are having with Apple apps and stop assuming that ?all will be fix? by going to what I view as a useless web site. How about addressing the actual issue. The ?notify me? feature doesn?t work and from what I?ve seen on blogs sites it hasn?t in some time. In my view that is completely unacceptable on Apple?s part to continue to promote a feature that they know is problematic at best. I?ve read a few blogs that talk about how to fix it with very mixed results but the process is amazingly complicated and not something someone should have to do right after installing the app. Apple needs to fix this or stop promoting the feature. The ?Notify me? feature was one of the main reasons I installed the app in the first place and now it?s been a waist of my time.
P.S. If you?re going to be a moderator be one. Read what people are asking about and provide a meaningful answer or don?t answer. You pointed the person to a web posting that does not have any information on it about the problem they are asking about.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do you use "notify me" correctly with Find My Friends?

I see this response on several blogs. It assumes that the problem that is being reported has a fix posted on the site but it doesn?t and I really wish people would actually read the problems that people are having with Apple apps and stop assuming that ?all will be fix? by going to what I view as a useless web site. How about addressing the actual issue. The ?notify me? feature doesn?t work and from what I?ve seen on blogs sites it hasn?t in some time. In my view that is completely unacceptable on Apple?s part to continue to promote a feature that they know is problematic at best. I?ve read a few blogs that talk about how to fix it with very mixed results but the process is amazingly complicated and not something someone should have to do right after installing the app. Apple needs to fix this or stop promoting the feature. The ?Notify me? feature was one of the main reasons I installed the app in the first place and now it?s been a waist of my time.
P.S. If you?re going to be a moderator be one. Read what people are asking about and provide a meaningful answer or don?t answer. You pointed the person to a web posting that does not have any information on it about the problem they are asking about.

iMore is NOT Apple so if there's an issue with one of their apps and the answer isn't found in the blogs then contact Apple directly. We are here to offer help, if we can. If that's not good enough, again I say contact Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2