Why is my icloud family Share setup such a nightmare?

I

iMore Question

icloud family Share setup is a nightmare

Tried now for 8 hours to get my 11 yr old to get access to the shared iTunes we had before...another screw up by Apple ...what a joke. Can't accept the invitation....error message to add a password. I give up.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: icloud family Share setup is a nightmare

It was straightforward when I did it... Foolproof even. The only issue I had was not realizing it took 24 hours after accepting the invite for me to be able to see family member's purchases.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Call iTunes or email them. They've always been nice and helpful when I email them. Maybe they can help you sort out your issue.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

What steps did you take exactly? As mentioned it's a pretty simple process, took about ten minutes to set everyone up on mine. Did you create a new ID for your son? He has to have his own ID. Did you make sure he's logged into his own ID and not the one you've been using on his device? Make sure he is putting in the password exactly as it was entered, they are case sensitive. And lastly, as mentioned it takes a little bit for Family Sharing to show up, then it's not so easy to find. You have to go to purchased in the app then up in the top left hit the little bar icon and it will give you a list of members in your group.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77