Is there a way to complete the AT&T unlock without restoring to iOS 8?

I

iMore Question

I'm looking to sell my 5s as I picked up a new 6 and I want to sell it unlocked with the option to jail break it to get the most money out of it. I requested an unlock through AT&T and my request was approved but I need to backup and restore the phone to complete the unlock. The problem is if I restore it will only allow me to upgrade to iOS 8, which I don't want to do since there is no jailbreak for it yet. I want to give the buyer the option to be virgin iOS 8 or jailbroken 7.1.2.

Is there a way to complete the unlock without restoring to iOS 8?

Miso Studios

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
re: Is there a way to complete the AT&T unlock without restoring to iOS 8?

Im afraid that may be the only option, unless theres some sort of workaround

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm looking to sell my 5s as I picked up a new 6 and I want to sell it unlocked with the option to jail break it to get the most money out of it. I requested an unlock through AT&T and my request was approved but I need to backup and restore the phone to complete the unlock. The problem is if I restore it will only allow me to upgrade to iOS 8, which I don't want to do since there is no jailbreak for it yet. I want to give the buyer the option to be virgin iOS 8 or jailbroken 7.1.2.

As of this evening, the 7.1.2 signing window was still open--if you download the right ipsw and Option+Restore to that, you could very well be able to restore to 7.1.2! I wouldn't wait long though, no telling when Apple will close the window.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes google it I forget exact what steps are but it is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk