I'm looking to sell my 5s as I picked up a new 6 and I want to sell it unlocked with the option to jail break it to get the most money out of it. I requested an unlock through AT&T and my request was approved but I need to backup and restore the phone to complete the unlock. The problem is if I restore it will only allow me to upgrade to iOS 8, which I don't want to do since there is no jailbreak for it yet. I want to give the buyer the option to be virgin iOS 8 or jailbroken 7.1.2.

Is there a way to complete the unlock without restoring to iOS 8?
    09-22-2014 07:44 PM
  2. Massie said: Best Answer

I'm looking to sell my 5s as I picked up a new 6 and I want to sell it unlocked with the option to jail break it to get the most money out of it. I requested an unlock through AT&T and my request was approved but I need to backup and restore the phone to complete the unlock. The problem is if I restore it will only allow me to upgrade to iOS 8, which I don't want to do since there is no jailbreak for it yet. I want to give the buyer the option to be virgin iOS 8 or jailbroken 7.1.2.

As of this evening, the 7.1.2 signing window was still open--if you download the right ipsw and Option+Restore to that, you could very well be able to restore to 7.1.2! I wouldn't wait long though, no telling when Apple will close the window.
    Im afraid that may be the only option, unless theres some sort of workaround
    09-22-2014 10:58 PM

As of this evening, the 7.1.2 signing window was still open--if you download the right ipsw and Option+Restore to that, you could very well be able to restore to 7.1.2! I wouldn't wait long though, no telling when Apple will close the window.
    09-23-2014 12:32 AM

Yes google it I forget exact what steps are but it is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-23-2014 04:24 AM
    Massie, thank you that worked perfectly!
    09-23-2014 09:47 PM
    Massie, thank you that worked perfectly!
    Glad to help!
    09-23-2014 11:44 PM