A friend of mine brought me an Ipad air from UK, i check the whole apps on the ipad and finds out that there isn't any where that i could click to make a call, i'm only asking if you guys could help me out to know if there is any app out there that does not use wifi or internet access to make or receive a call. because, i have the cellular version and the wifi, but i can't make calls, when i try to download apps, they all need internet access
    09-01-2014 04:55 PM
    I dont think the iPad has the equipment to do calls like a phone.

I believe all it has are the Wi-Fi and (optional) cellular data radios. (so, internet)
    09-01-2014 05:11 PM
    Not an app.

But I remember when I had an iPod touch, there was a case that you could insert a SIM card into to make calls from the case, and mount that case on your iPod (I'm guessing you controlled it through an app).

I don't know if it was legit or not, but maybe something like that for the iPad? Other than that, no, you need to use internet or data for it.
    09-01-2014 05:15 PM
    FaceTime audio can be used on an iPad. But it requires internet connection. Also apps like Google Hangouts, Skype etc. but they all require internet connection. So the answer to the OP's question is no. Not that I know of.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-01-2014 05:22 PM
    A friend of mine brought me an Ipad air from UK, i check the whole apps on the ipad and finds out that there isn't any where that i could click to make a call, i'm only asking if you guys could help me out to know if there is any app out there that does not use wifi or internet access to make or receive a call. because, i have the cellular version and the wifi, but i can't make calls, when i try to download apps, they all need internet access
    Think about that mate, unless your iPad has carrier or internet access...how can it make calls??
    09-01-2014 06:36 PM