Ipad locked by an iCloud password. Can you help me?

I

iMore Question

Hi.my 10 year old daughter has made an apple ID by Icloud which she could not remember the password in any way.
even we couldn't get help from I forgot.com by answering security questions.
she is so upset about this happening.please tell me if there is any alternative way that we can at least reset or use the device again ?!
thanks a lot.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi.my 10 year old daughter has made an apple ID by Icloud which she could not remember the password in any way.
even we couldn't get help from I forgot.com by answering security questions.
she is so upset about this happening.please tell me if there is any alternative way that we can at least reset or use the device again ?!
thanks a lot.

No. With the iCloud password, you need the password or you need to pass the security reset process (secret questions, etc). It's the activation lock mechanism to discourage the theft and resale of iOS devices.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Tell me about it. Factual bluntness is a problematic trait of mine.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure there's much you can do. Maybe reach out to Apple for help? Or possibly travel to an Apple store?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If it is a 4 digit passcode, you have about 10,000 combinations to try. Maybe the 10 year old could narrow that down by remembering the first number.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
one way and one way only : Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

You spelled "AppleCare" wrong... Was that snippy? I think it was, my bad :p The AppleStore doesn't have access to see what it's locked to afaik, but I know AppleCare does*.

Edit: *can with the proper verifications*

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2