Opinions wanted (browser, email etc.)

Wrstlr316

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I really wasn't sure to post this so I figured I would put it here in hopes of an answer.

First a little set up is required I think, I currently own windows 8 pcs / laptops, an iPad, and an iPhone. I am trying to unify a lot of things such as browsers and emails and such just to simplify things. I want an email that offers aliases so I can sign into one account and access all the addresses but have different addresses for billing, gaming, personal, etc. I also own a chrome cast that only seems to work with Google Chrome, tho I hate how gmail as it doesn't offer "true" aliases. I have outlook.com address set up with aliases but it doesn't have a iPhone / iPad app. I also own iCloud addresses and they are set up the way I want it, but I can't use it for my iTunes address and the last I looked safari no longer is offered for windows, and I am not certain how "secure" iCloud email is. I really don't want to "push" emails back and forth I would just like to have things simplified into a single email address(es) / browser if that is possible. I don't want to have emails downloaded to the phone if it means it is deleted from the online servers, however I want to be able to delete things on my phone and have it actually delete from the online servers too, if that is possible.

Sorry for the rambling but I tried to describe things the best I could. Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want to use the same browser for your PC and iDevices, Chrome is probably your best option. As far as I know, you can still get Safari 5 for Windows, but 6 onward is OS X only I believe.

Outlook does have an app, OWA For iPhone in the App Store.

I wouldn't worry about the "secureness" of iCloud, or any other big name email provider for that matter.

Hope I've helped a little!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I second what's been said, as a cross platform browser use google chrome, it works flawlessly, keep your things (like tabs, bookmarks etc) synced.

For mail, yeah use stock mail app, it can handle many inboxes, it supports outlook, have push etc.
But if you don't like it, there are many alternatives. I recommend you check this one --> "myMail" that works pretty good, is free and supports outlook --> myMail - the smartest mobile app for your email accounts (including Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail etc.)

Wrstlr316

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Just use the Mail app that comes with iOS with your iCloud or outlook.com addresses.

Thank you, that is what I was trying to do, but until today I couldn't figure out how to leave messages on the outlook.com server, download them to my phone, and IF I deleted them on the phone, make them also delete from the outlook server.... but I figured that out today, so that took care of part of the problem...

Outlook does have an app, OWA For iPhone in the App Store.

Hope I've helped a little!

Thanks, every bit of info helps in one form or another. :) As for OWA for iPhone, I downloaded that yesterday thinking the same thing. But either I am trying to set it up wrong or it doesn't support outlook.com addresses, since everytime I entered my info, that's what it kept telling me. LOL

I second what's been said, as a cross platform browser use google chrome, it works flawlessly, keep your things (like tabs, bookmarks etc) synced.

For mail, yeah use stock mail app, it can handle many inboxes, it supports outlook, have push etc.
But if you don't like it, there are many alternatives. I recommend you check this one --> "myMail" that works pretty good, is free and supports outlook --> myMail - the smartest mobile app for your email accounts (including Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail etc.)

Thanks for the info on myMail I will look at it, I don't mind the stock app, I am just trying to get all my "addresses" from the same .com address if that's possible, which may not be unless I DON'T use iCloud, because I ran into the problem of trying to switch to it, iTunes told me I was not allowed to use iCloud addresses as my primary email address because of all things, it was owned by Apple. LOL

If anyone has any more advice please keep it coming, it actually is helping me think of some things I may not have thought of.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2