Need help..itunes detects my phone for the first time only..

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
when i connect my phone after installing itunes then it installs the drivers and connects normally but if i plug in again then it dont detect my phone....and if i uninstall and re install itunes then it detects my phone again....help me!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you're getting these problems, Let's see if we can help you. :)

I had the issue of my iTunes not detecting my iPad but an uninstall and reinstall fixed that. I see you've done that and the problem still persists though. What version of iTunes do you have? Make sure it is the latest version. What phone and what iOS are you running too? is it Jailbroken?

Have you tried a different cable? It shouldn't make any difference if iTunes is picking the phone up once but it's still worth a try to eliminate any potential variables.

Open iTunes, Go to Preferences > Devices and see what devices you have there. If your phone is there see if you can make a further backup.

Putting iTunes aside for the moment, can you see the phone as a drive when connected and looking in your drive list?

Donz Donz

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
im using the latest version of itunes and my phone is not jailbroken...i have tried with two different cables....one cable only charge and does not connect with itunes...and other cable does not work at all.....i can't see my phone in the drives.....but only for the first time....itunes connects my phone and a drive also comes up in my computer but if i unplug and then re plug the phone then it do not detects again..... weird! :(

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding quickly.

Ah so if we totally forget iTunes completely for the moment, if you connect your phone to your computer, you see it appear in your drives list only once? Then the next time you connect it to your computer it doesn't appear in your drives list at all?

If that is the case, it points me towards a driver problem, rather than an iTunes problem (although it could still be iTunes related obviously).

Is iTunes set to automatically start when the phone is connected? If so, disable that and reboot your computer then connect your phone to your computer without starting iTunes for me please.

Donz Donz

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for responding quickly.

Ah so if we totally forget iTunes completely for the moment, if you connect your phone to your computer, you see it appear in your drives list only once? Then the next time you connect it to your computer it doesn't appear in your drives list at all?

If that is the case, it points me towards a driver problem, rather than an iTunes problem (although it could still be iTunes related obviously).

Is iTunes set to automatically start when the phone is connected? If so, disable that and reboot your computer then connect your phone to your computer without starting iTunes for me please.

ok let me try

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to the top menu bar under EDIT and on the bottom where you see preferences...Open that and look for the tab to disable iTunes when you plug your phone in.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Please look around my friend an d give us some help here ok.... It has been some time since i have looked and that is how it use to be...Plug your phone in and when you see your device click on it and go to the summary page and look there, It may be there instead but i assure you it is there as an option, We can only help so much and this started when I logged on this morning, Go to Apple support on the website and search for the topic my friend and you will find it there OK.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
there is no option...like you said.
By the way... Not mad here at ya or anything but help us help you is all I am asking from my previous post. Sometimes even we forget and have to be reminded but we do the best we can. I am sure you will find the setting if you do as i simply asked of you. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2