Need to erase iphone 4s

I

iMore Question

I replaced a bad iPhone 4s with new one, so now the old one has no 3g internet access. Additionally, the bad 4s does not have working wifi and cannot be turned off...those are just some of the issues on why I got a replacement phone.

I need to Erase All Content and Settings on the bad 4s, so I can send back to Verizon and not be charged. However, I am required to enter my iCloud password to turn off Find My iPhone which I do, but because there is no internet on this phone it does not work.

I have googled possible solutions, but without being able to connect to wifi or turn my phone off I keep hitting dead ends.

Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have internet at home? If so, login to www.icloud.com, select the Find My iPhone option and then remove the device from the list. Afterwards, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and select to restore it.

bridge5659

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Tried that. From iCloud.com device is no longer listed, but my phone still thinks it is. I tried doing hard reboot since I can't power off, but still didn't work. How do I get to dfu mode if I can't get my phone to turn off?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. From iCloud.com device is no longer listed, but my phone still thinks it is. I tried doing hard reboot since I can't power off, but still didn't work. How do I get to dfu mode if I can't get my phone to turn off?

In lieu of putting the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and be sure your computer is connected to the internet. After iTunes recognizes your iPhone, try disabling the Find My iPhone feature on the device. Hopefully, after you enter the iCloud Passcode, the device will detect the online connection and allow you to proceed. If it does, go ahead and select "restore" via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2