My lovely iPhone 5S recently fell off my hand recently and all I am left with is a iPhone with slight scratches on the metal edges. I would like to fix those minor scratches with a nail polish or something of that kind. Please note I did not face any problems on the shiny rim luckily, but there are minor scratches on metal sides behind those shiny rim.

Has anyone tried it in the past? Where can I find one? I would like to know the exact name of the colour used on the sides of iPhone 5S silver.

Sorry for my very bad english.
    02-25-2014 06:24 AM
    You can call Apple but I don't know if they have a specific name for the Silver that would help you in anyway. If they are not deep I would take it to a Jewelry repair and let him use a cotton buffing wheel and red jewelers rouge and they will most likely buff right out. I do it with my watch band every time and you never know it is there.
    EmceeGeek, pr1nce, taz323 and 3 others like this.
    02-25-2014 08:24 AM
    You can call Apple but I don't know if they have a specific name for the Silver that would help you in anyway. If they are not deep I would take it to a Jewelry repair and let him use a cotton buffing wheel and red jewelers rouge and they will most likely buff right out. I do it with my watch band every time and you never know it is there.
    Sounds like a great idea to me. They buff it out, shine it up; good as new!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-25-2014 10:41 PM
    That's a great tip!
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-25-2014 10:54 PM
    That's a very good tip.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-25-2014 11:45 PM
    Great tip, Jag!!!
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-26-2014 05:26 PM
    Take it to home depot...tell them you want a gallon of paint matched to the color, lol.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-26-2014 05:28 PM
    Sounds like a great idea to me. They buff it out, shine it up; good as new!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    Yes Sir.... I have done it with many metals and the iPhone sides are perfect. It is a soft cotton wheel going at high speed and they use a stick of the Red Rouge to get out the scratches using a light touch and then white rouge which does the polishing and guranteed gone like they were never there. Like I said I have one at work for polishing metal and use it all the time.
    02-26-2014 05:38 PM
    Take it to home depot...tell them you want a gallon of paint matched to the color, lol.
    Sean leave it to you to break the flow, But why would I expect anything different my friend.....lol
    02-26-2014 05:40 PM
    the iPhone is like a piece of jewelry hence the gold side

if they came out with a neck case i for one would wear it around my neck like Flavor Flav
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-26-2014 05:44 PM
    the iPhone is like a piece of jewelry hence the gold side

if they came out with a neck case i for one would wear it around my neck like Flavor Flav
    Good one and i bet you would.
    kataran likes this.
    02-26-2014 05:47 PM
    Would this void the warranty in any way? Would fixing a scratch be considered damage? If you are altering the iPhone.
    This is from the Apple's hardware warranty.
    f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP);
    02-26-2014 09:41 PM
    Wow Really lovely and good tip mr.jag
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:34 PM
    Would this void the warranty in any way? Would fixing a scratch be considered damage? If you are altering the iPhone.
    f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP);
    As long as it's not obvious it was repaired, I think it's in the same boat as jailbreaking. I don't think it's doing any "Damage", however YMMV.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-27-2014 08:15 AM
    if you are good at painting, get a tube of flat black car paint from a car dealer, and bring back the slate look..... slate 5s.... bad a**.
    02-27-2014 08:37 AM
    f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”);
    No ed not for something like the scratches I am talking about. It would be ok and if nothing ever went wrong with your phone, There is nothing to worry about anyway.
    02-27-2014 11:08 AM